Gender Pay Gap Reporting
As an employer with over 250 employees Suttons Tankers Limited is required by law to carry out Gender Pay Reporting under the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
This involves carrying out six calculations that show the difference between the average earnings of men and women in our organisation. These calculations are as at 5th April 2017.
The information can be used to assess:
- The levels of gender equality in our workplace
- The balance of male and female employees at different levels
- How effectively talent is being maximised and rewarded
According to the Office of National Statistics the overall national average gender pay gap for April 2017 is 18.1%.
Suttons Tankers results are as follows:
- Mean Gender Pay Gap 6.3%
- Median Gender Pay Gap -2.6%
- Mean Bonus Gender Pay Gap 61.8%
- Median Bonus Gender Pay Gap 29.6%
- Proportion of Males receiving a Bonus Payment 2.6%
- Proportion of Females receiving a Bonus Payment 9.4%
- Proportion of Males and Females in each Quartile Pay Band (see table below)
Suttons appreciate that LGV Tanker driver careers have traditionally been more attractive to males resulting in the highly male dominated nature of our business.
Whilst there are a small proportion of women in senior posts, recruitment is predominantly into entry level, junior posts or professional support roles. Due to the lack of women currently working in the Tanker Transport sector, we recognise the need to encourage and support women into the industry.