We continue to monitor developments in each country as the situation progresses. Our Business Continuity Team are meeting daily to update our planning and communication.
Our employees are receiving daily communication notices as the situation rapidly changes, in line with local government guidelines, to keep our employees as informed and safe as possible.
We have the following general measures in place:
- Increased office cleaning regime to sanitise working surfaces and door handles etc.
- Hand sanitiser, tissues, wipes and bags for disposal to drivers and other workers
- Restricting travel both between and within countries
- Replacing face-to-face meetings with Skype or conference calls
- Cancelling of group events and meetings with external companies or groups
- Home working for all employees for whom this is appropriate for
- Implementation of social distancing for our colleagues who are continuing to deliver services, such as drivers, technicians and front line operations
- Increasing self-isolation measures in line with government guidelines
Our HR teams are working with Line Managers to identify which of our colleagues who remain in work fall into the vulnerable groups issued by the UK government.
We are also providing our Tramper drivers with hot meals which could be had when they return to their base depot to re-load or they are passing one of the main depots.
Please note that while our Business Continuity Plans are in place and working well, our teams are under increased pressure due to absence related to the Coronavirus. We would like to assure you that we are doing everything we can to maintain our high levels of service, so please be patient if there are delays in responding.
John Sutton, CEO of Suttons Group says “We have a responsibility for the health and welfare of our employees and the safety of the wider community. Our business continuity measures will allow us to continue to Deliver Life’s Essentials Safely”